Top 5 Logistics Software Companies in India
May 17, 2023
6 mins read
Businesses are bullish about the future of last-mile delivery in India, and the numbers reflect it.
A Redseer report states that the last-mile delivery market will touch $6 – $7 billion by 2024. The same report says that e-commerce shipments will grow to over 5000 million by 2025 from 1364 million in 2018. Logistics experts state that India’s last-mile delivery market is moving similarly to markets like the US and China, with more than 10% penetration.
The sudden growth in online shopping in recent years has necessitated businesses to deal with large volumes of parcels daily. Managing last-mile deliveries is becoming burdensome with real-world constraints like traffic, roadblocks, address inaccuracies, and customers’ time-window preferences. This has pushed enterprises to find the proper logistics software to fulfill their last-mile delivery requirements. So, let’s find out the top five logistics software companies in India that enterprises can collaborate with!
What Are the Top Five Logistics Software Companies in India?
We have listed the five best logistics software companies in India based on the features, pain points the software solves, and customer inputs.
Let’s look at them one by one
The logistics software company that ranks at the top in India is Locus. Locus is a real-world ready dispatch management platform that automates decision-making for the most complex component in the supply chain – last-mile delivery. It has been helping enterprises to effortlessly scale last-mile deliveries and transform them from being a cost center to a revenue generator.
What makes Locus’ Dispatch Management Platform stand out from its competitors?
Locus has helped many leading brands worldwide manage and optimize their last-mile deliveries. Some include BigBasket, MaxAB, Dezy, Shyft, Bukalapak, Hindustan Unilever, Nestle, SC Johnson, TATA 1mg, and BlueDart-DHL. Let’s find out what makes Locus stand out from its competitors and add value to these brands in their last-mile delivery.
- Delivery-linked checkout: With its Delivery-linked Checkout, Locus enables businesses to provide customers multiple time slot options for order fulfillment. Its capacity-led time slot booking helps companies to make the best use of the fleet and serve the customers at their preferred time slots. This feature allows businesses to make their deliveries more predictable and consistent for their customers.
- Route Optimization: With its intelligent and intuitive proprietary rule engine, Locus’ Route Optimization Software helps businesses solve complex routing problems. It generates optimal routes based on 180+ real-world constraints for scheduled, recurring, and dynamic fulfillment models on a unified platform. Overall, it assists dispatchers in managing vehicle journeys and schedules so drivers can deliver more orders in a single route.
- Zone-based Routing: If your vehicles and their routes frequently overlap or often serve in the same delivery zone, your business is wasting resources. But there is a fix here! With Locus’ zone-based routing, companies can eliminate the overlap of routes between multiple vehicles in a fleet. Beyond this, it helps businesses rightsize the fleet and make their last-mile deliveries sustainable.
- Delivery Orchestration: ShipFlex is a Delivery Orchestration Software from Locus that enables businesses to flexibly choose their optimal carrier based on speed, cost, and fleet availability from a wide network of carriers without the hassle of complex integrations. It helps companies provide a branded experience to their customer even with third party delivery due to its unified tracking experience. It also helps brands track both captive and outsourced orders on a single dashboard, thus eliminating the need for complex tracking mechanisms.
- Geocoding: The blunder that can harm your business reputation is ending up in the wrong addresses. Locus’ geocoding engine converts imprecise addresses into accurate geographical coordinates. It makes it easier for drivers to reach the exact destination at the right time without ambiguity. And this, in turn, minimizes the likelihood of failed or missed deliveries.
Locus has powered 850+ million orders for leading brands worldwide across 400+ cities. It has helped many brands to improve their Service Level Agreement (SLA) adherence and add more sustainability to their last-mile delivery operations. Also, it has enabled them to maximize customer satisfaction without compromising profitability.
FarEye is the next logistics software enterprise on the list, with its headquarters in the US. It is a delivery management platform that helps businesses simplify the complex last-mile delivery. It is known for its features like route optimization, real-time visibility, flexibility, swift IT support, ticket resolution, and advanced orchestration capabilities.
Beyond these, FarEye’s offerings help businesses with driver schedules, autonomous dispatching, route creation, assignment, cross-dock management, and online Proof Of Delivery (POD). Based on customer inputs, FarEye has room for improvement in its cost, UI/UX, deployment speed, time, and process for customized integrations and details of in-built reports.
LogiNext is a logistics software company that has its headquarters in India. It provides cloud-based transportation management solutions that help businesses plan, dispatch, optimize, automate, and track deliveries. It offers customizable logistics solutions for industry verticals like retail, e-commerce, transportation, b2b distribution, Food and Beverage, and Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP).
The LogiNext offerings provide ease of usage, smooth onboarding, flexibility, scalability, visibility, and ease of accessing and downloading analytical insights. From the customer reviews, it is evident that LogiNext is upgrading speed, loading time, data syncing, affordability, compliance, and route modifications.
Another logistics software company that has its headquarters in India is Shipsy. Shipsy is a logistics management platform that leverages advanced Machine Learning (ML) algorithms to help businesses manage their end-to-end logistics operations. Its real-time analytics, intelligent 3PL management, and complete visibility of first, middle, and last-mile deliveries help enterprises to connect local and cross-border logistics seamlessly.
Based on customer reviews, Shipsy is improving setup time, server loading time, customization options, compatibility with the latest Android versions, the turnaround time for customer support, documentation, and integration time.
ClickPost is one of the fastest-growing logistics software companies in India. It is an integrated cloud-based logistics platform that helps e-commerce businesses automate and streamline their logistics processes. It has key features like multi-carrier shipping, carrier performance management, returns management, and integrated tracking that helps companies improve their customers’ post-purchase shipping experience.
From the customer inputs, it is clear that Clickpost needs some improvement in its customizations, user experience, speed, product updates in documentation, dashboard, mapping, and affordability.
These five companies in India are the top logistics software companies based on the brands they serve, their features, and customer reviews. Your business can derive maximum benefits in last-mile delivery by investing in any one of these solutions.
Suppose you still need clarification about choosing the logistics solution that suits your business requirements. In that case, you can contact our team of experts. Our experts answer your queries and help you choose the logistics software for your last-mile delivery.
Do you still need clarification about selecting logistics software?
Supply Chain Optimization
Last-mile Dialogues: Make Your D2c Strategy a Winner With an Intelligent SCM Solution
May 15, 2023
Locus organized a roundtable discussion with industry leaders in the D2C segment on how brands can utilize SCM solutions to discover last-mile efficiencies.Read more
Last Mile Delivery Optimization
Optimize Delivery Routes for Maximum Efficiency With an Intelligent Last Mile Solution
May 18, 2023
Optimizing delivery routes by adopting tech strategies for route optimization, analytics and tracking, slot and carrier managements can enhance the efficiency.Read more
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lakshmi Narashimman is one of the senior writers at Locus. He is a voracious reader and a passionate writer who loves making complex aspects sound simple.Read other blogs by this author
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Stay up to date with the latest marketing, sales, and service tips and news
Top 5 Logistics Software Companies in India